polyline editing in arcgis10

maunaloa

Hi everyone!

I have a small problem:) :shocked:

In  arcgis 9.x i could do it that: i made a polyline, and if i wanted to continue draw that line, i double-clicked on it, and clicked on editor toolbars pen icon, and then i moved the mouse over the drawing area, and i could draw the line from end, or if clicked on the line with right mouse, and selected "flip", then i could draw from the other "end". :)

In arcgis 10, if i want to continue an older line, this trick can't work :evil:. But flip option is still available. Anyone have opinion, idea about this?

ahoy!

• Administrators

i'm not sure bout that, for me, i'm not install yet in my PC

have you try another approach to do that ? i'm sure there are more than 1 way to do that, also I suggest you to open the help file (press F1) and go to quick-start and see on chapter editing

BTW i've read in some review, that in arcgis 10, the editing tool are totally different and enhanced, so i'm sure there is another way to do such editing

anyone can help?, milikamilka ?  :laugh:

regards, ADMIN

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:wink: plese give me arcgis10 tutorial

thanks

arcgis tutorial is on ArcGIS 10 itself,

just press F1, then go to Essentials Library>Getting started with ArcGIS>ArcGIS Tutorial

but the problem is, the exercise data is released separatedly from ArcGIS Desktop 10 DVD.

i have been download that data, but from some unknown source, i can't remember, maybe demonoid.

okay, back to polyline editing stuff.

um... i dont know...

if i were in your case,

i tried to digitize new polyline, but it start from the end,

and then it would meet with the last one vertex from another polyline.

it result with two polyline of course, but just merge it in editor toolbar.

it became one single polyline.

don't forget to activate snapping, for better result of merging.

i don't know if any solution out there :)

• 1 month later...

sure man this last version of arcgis 10 have many different with preview version , is very hard when you knew how digitalized data like polyline and then you can continues the digitalization another time , this is end in the arcgis 10 if you want to continue digitalization of many pollyline you have to snap and then merge this new pollyline....

regards

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!

In  arcgis 9.x i could do it that: i made a polyline, and if i wanted to continue draw that line, i double-clicked on it, and clicked on editor toolbars pen icon, and then i moved the mouse over the drawing area, and i could draw the line from end, or if clicked on the line with right mouse, and selected "flip", then i could draw from the other "end". :)

In arcgis 10, if i want to continue an older line, this trick can't work :evil:. But flip option is still available. Anyone have opinion, idea about this?

ahoy!

If you still do not have the solution, the following link is for you:

http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/file/arcobjects-net-api/details?entryID=1CDD6187-1422-2418-A0C6-DDB713376C79

ESRI offers an additional tools for this problem's solution.

Hi everyone!

ahoy!

If you still do not have the solution, the following link is for you:

http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/file/arcobjects-net-api/details?entryID=1CDD6187-1422-2418-A0C6-DDB713376C79

ESRI offers an additional tools for this problem's solution.

this maybe the solution