Which one better ArcMap 10.4.1 or 10.5 [Med Version]

riza.pasha

I use 10.4.1 and dont have serious error

to eliminate error, disable background proc, since this 64bit function pretty much useless

if you want 64bit, go straight to arcgis pro

when you run processing. avoid minimize the program

arcgis 10.5 relatively new. no support yet from most extension.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

to eliminate error, disable background proc, since this 64bit function pretty much useless

It's refreshing to hear someone else who feels that the 64 bit background processing isn't worth the trouble it creates. It's such a crappy implementation in the desktop environment.

Well it's pretty obvious that ArcGIS Pro will be the new defacto desktop envvironment soon. As for the current ArcGIS desktop, I always leave 64-bit processing off. It usually alleviates about 95% of any potential problems. If I need background processing (which is rare), there is other software outside of the ESRI framework that will allow for that or I'll use a workstation at work precisely for this purpose... set it and leave it.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2017 at 11:51 PM, am2 said:

I have 10.4 it has a simple bug, The first time you run it on your windows os each tool you lunch no matter what app crashes and you must terminate it but if you run it again it works fine

nice, exactly what happened to me, dunno why but i works fine only some minor like create new feature (tracing) it seems slower.

On 2/17/2017 at 8:23 AM, Lurker said:

On 2/17/2017 at 8:33 AM, group5e said:

It's refreshing to hear someone else who feels that the 64 bit background processing isn't worth the trouble it creates. It's such a crappy implementation in the desktop environment.

yeah more over if you only have 8 GB RAM or less , it is not useful using 64 bit background processing.