Erdas problem

Terka424

Hi, I am using Modis surface reflectance (MOD/MYD09GQ) product in HDF format and I need to process it in Erdas Imagine 2013 however, when I open it in Erdas following warnig message appears " Corrupt sibling entry". Does anyone please know what it means and what to do about it?

Thanks a lot

• Like 1

well not yet, since I have to process very large amount of data (18 tiles of daily surface reflectance for 13 years) the goal is to have the process as automated as possible. I wanted to use spatial modeler for the preprocessing of the data including reprojection. I cannot find anywhere what that warning even means, it is not in the documentation or anywhere else.  

well not yet, since I have to process very large amount of data (18 tiles of daily surface reflectance for 13 years) the goal is to have the process as automated as possible. I wanted to use spatial modeler for the preprocessing of the data including reprojection. I cannot find anywhere what that warning even means, it is not in the documentation or anywhere else.  

Hi Terka424

For Modis hdf file, ENVI/IDL with ModisConversion Toolkit  from Devin White is a free sav file....Also batch mode 

recommend!!!!!!!!!

Ok well it seem that the MODIS conversion toolkit is a better option, thanks. I have one more question I would like to build a model in ArcGIS to process the data and integrate the Envi scripts, Does anyone have any experience in creating the script for ArcGIS??

Thanks a lot

Ok well it seem that the MODIS conversion toolkit is a better option, thanks. I have one more question I would like to build a model in ArcGIS to process the data and integrate the Envi scripts, Does anyone have any experience in creating the script for ArcGIS??

Thanks a lot

Hello Again...

I think so yes!!! in my experience save ENVI File with *.dat extension and ArcGis can process it in a model............however the programming language available for ArcGis are proprietary!!! with the exception the Python...but here I prefer Opensource Software like Gdal Qgis....more light than ArcGis...

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Terka

Long time not working with MODIS data. However, like to know are getting the message while directly read/open MODIS HDF file or importing as img format? Have you tried to use import using 'MODIS EOS HDF format' from the import list of ERDAS 2013? If you use so, are getting same message.

May I 've a link to the data you have used as a sample.