ASTER - free satellite images for download

Arhanghelul

Hello !

I would like to find some ASTER satellite images over Europe (east Europe) and I ask if someone can help, give me some informations about ordering the images.

I know that ASTER Level 1B scene products can be obtained for-free only for US territory, but not for international scenes.

Is there a way to obtain that tipe of images for educational-research utility for free, no money ? :huh:

P.S. I am looking for the ASTER satellite images (VNIR, SWIR and TIR), not the DEM.

Thx.

Arhanghelul

Arhanghelul, My friend!

You can see at:

http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/

Before you must registry free nick at this site. You Chose Data Sets - NASALPDAAC Collections - Aster Collections - Aster Level 1B.

next step: You choose the place where you need download image at Search Criteria.

at the end: You download Aster image.

Good luck!

Arhanghelul, My friend!

You can see at:

http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/

Before you must registry free nick at this site. You Chose Data Sets - NASALPDAAC Collections - Aster Collections - Aster Level 1B.

next step: You choose the place where you need download image at Search Criteria.

at the end: You download Aster image.

Good luck!

ASTER images are free to download only for US, the rest of the Earth surface > money ! <_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi!

sorry, but did you find the solution?
I have the same problem as Arhanghelul. I am a graduate student and my Master’s Degree thesis concerns Remote Sensing.
Now, I have to analyze aster images of Sardinia (italy) and I need to download them for free. 
Can someone suggest some website where I can find them? 
All portals make available only US images.

Thanks

Laura