RapidShare Shuts Down

Lurker

remember the old glory days, when everything is in rapidshare :D

this is the news from them :

RapidShare, one of the first file hosting services on the Internet, is shutting down next month. After March 31, all of its user accounts and data will be deleted.

The Switzerland-based service went online in 2002 and saw hundreds of millions of monthly visitors during its glory days a few years ago. Chances are, most of them didn’t come to download the latest Creative Commons-licenced folk album, but unlike Megaupload, RapidShare managed to stay on the right side of the law. The service saw a surge of new users after the Megaupload shutdown in early 2012 and even had to limit download speeds to cope with demand for a while.

source :

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/10/rapidshare-shuts-down/
  • Like 8

you know i am very happy to see this news about it, i faced many trouble to download from it in the past as a free user, so i did many tricks to download big files from it, :D  :lol: . now there is many free cloud that took place from Rapidshare.  

Edited by mostafa

you know i am very happy to see this news about it, i faced many trouble to download from it in the past as a free user, so i did many tricks to download big files from it, :D  :lol: . now there is many free cloud that took place from Rapidshare.  

Agreed! specially while downloading multipart games, out of 36 part only the last one not allowed to download.. :lol: