Help setting out a flow chart for GIS process

JB2033

Hi , 

I'm writing a project proposal for a class project and it requires that we develop a flow chart to show our methods of accomplishing our project. 

I'm looking at mapping and analysing Deer-Vehicle collisions using Kernel Density. 

My starting data sets are: 

The map of my study area, My Deer vehicle collision points from past 10 years, Road shape file and Land cover data. 

My first flow chart step is as follows: 

Deer-vehicle collision data --> Plot Points on Map  ---> Conduct Kernel Density Estimatation --> Reclassify Kernel Density surface --> Hot Spot Map. 

Now ( I think ) i want to look at the vegetation (using the land cover map) around the roads in a 500m buffer. So I think the next step would look like this: ( this is where i need help filling in the blanks of how i'll do this ) 

Roads ---> Create 500m buffer ---> Overlay land cover vegetation ---> Clip out only vegetation that falls within the 500m buffer of the roads? ... 

Does that sound right? 

Any help / suggestions is welcomed

I think (I am not an expert) that you should also try to determine/estimate the number of vehicles travelling on each road, wich should correlate with the number of Deer accidents. And also, maybe you should know the number, age and sex of the Deer population.

I assume that the Deer habitat is fragmented by the road network, no ?