length

adnan0001

hi friends

i have made soil , geology and geomorhology using empty shapefileand i want calculate the length in km2

after reclassingthese in to 5 classes when am going to calculate length using calculate geometry is not highlighted..

can any1 plz tell me how it to be cal culate...

note:

i haven't made personal geodatabase direct i have taken shape file and digitised

Edited by adnan0001

hi brother (yousuf)

If am not wrong,actually it was in vector, i converted it to raster to classify them in 5 categories but am unable to see polygon only value,count are been seen..accoding to ur statement in the previous msg dat

multiply Count * area of your raster cell size

but area from where to get

plz explain in detail ...will be thankful to u...am pending with thematic maps

plz help

the concept of raster

each raster consists of cells which are rectangle. the area of a rectangle = length * width

so the area of a cell = length * width = X * Y

you have 5 classes, in the table of content of the raster you have, it has been determined that every class has how many cell in there = Count

so, if you multiply Count of cells in each class in Area of the cell you will have AREA,

note that, the x and y are in meters or centimeter in order to correct calculating