Hotspot Analysis Tool in ArcGIS 10

Hi all,

Whenever I try to run the Hot Spot Analysis (Getis-Ord Gi*) tool, I find an error icon of red circle with a cross inside, on the extreme top left and next to the Input Feature Class. The circle is found as soon as the tool window opens and even before I put in anything.

If I ignore this icon, put int eh required parameters and click OK, an error window appears, just containing a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.

Picture1.jpg

width=520 height=291http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/essentialpk/Picture2.jpg[/img]

Can any one please advise how I can overcome this problem. I assume there might be some problem with the software settings, but not sure what is causing this conflict.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

based from my experience, you have to check if the dataset type is supported.

usually, getis ord - general g stat incorporates POINT DATA with a SINGLE FIELD from which to base the computations.

so if you are working with polygon data , you may reduce them to centroids, classify that data, link the results to the polygon ,and symbolize, although it is unorthodox,XD

anyway, if you think it is a software probelm, try a repair, if not , a clean reinstall.

make sure the extension is active, too.

Thanx to all who have replied. Infact, after searching varoius sources that such like problems may also arise because of improper installation of python. So I gave it a try, and re-installed python from the installation DVD and BINGO------ All spatial statistics tools are working fine.

SO for any one facing similar problems, my suggestion will be to re-install python as one of the first attempted solutions.

Best regards.