error problem in geodatabase

hi friends

My Geodatabase contains point, line and polygon features and original coordinate system (UTM , WGS 84). Further, I reprojected all shapes (point, line and polygon) into Lambert Conformal Conic/WGS 84. But there are many topological errors (4000). The type of topological error is mostly overlapping polygon in certain sector of the polygon features. How i can remove these errors?? Plz suggest any method/trick/tips.....thanx in advance..

Hi adnan, whats the problem with projection ? 

did you check before projection, i dont think projection matters in topological errors ;)

you could select them all (if they are overlapping) and select create feature (you should worry about the precision from now on)

there is tbx file called Find Adjacent & Neighboring Polygons, this toolbox gives you the neighboring polygon

from the neighboring polygon, a neighbor with the greatest identical boundary is the mother polygon, so the child should merge with the mother, but the problem is how to calculate length of identical boundary  <_<

i'm thinking on it,

i hope you could find an easier solution  ;)

btw, related topic: http://www.gisarea.com/index.php?/topic/3132-clean-overlap-polygons/

• Like 1