Terrain Modification with road networks

Birdfree

Hello, I am looking for a solution to merge elevation models with a road network. Basis is a elevation model and shape data of roads. Now I want to merge the roads with the elevation model to get flat roads in the elevation model. Do you know of any software that can do this? I have been searching for a while, but have not found a solution yet. So far I've been using Photoshop's blur to even out the color values a bit and at least get a decent result for large scales. But, the streets are sloped and not flat. Does anyone have any ideas? I want to use the result as a mesh or geotif for some illustrations. Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/yIB3g4k

On 9/19/2021 at 3:44 PM, Birdfree said:

Hello, I am looking for a solution to merge elevation models with a road network. Basis is a elevation model and shape data of roads. Now I want to merge the roads with the elevation model to get flat roads in the elevation model. Do you know of any software that can do this? I have been searching for a while, but have not found a solution yet. So far I've been using Photoshop's blur to even out the color values a bit and at least get a decent result for large scales. But, the streets are sloped and not flat. Does anyone have any ideas? I want to use the result as a mesh or geotif for some illustrations. Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/yIB3g4k

Hi too,

In AutoCAD Civil3D, you can create new surface of road according to your requirement and export it as elevation model. Add it with existing surface in Global Mapper and merge all surfaces.