Your tricks to make Autocad faster

Lurker

I have a project with autocad files

fire up my Workstation Laptop (Dell Precission 5510) and load CAD data. Holly cr*p, this software run like a snail, 🀣

try to disable Hardware acceleration, yeah much better experience, but still laggy as old Arcgis Pro beta πŸ˜‚

searching around and found this article:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Optimize-Performance-within-Windows-7-Environments.html?_ga=2.205082898.303799305.1579712200-1066991414.1579712200

didnt have time to try all the suggestion yet, but, hey all GISArea members, do you use Autocad? how to improve your CAD Experience?

share with me, πŸ˜‰

• Like 1

update:

this how i do till i post this update

1. disable hardware acceleration

2. Turn off all compatibility settings except for Run This Program As Administrator (point 4 on above article)

3. Stop the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache (point 5 on above article).

I saw little increase on performance, the workspace almost playable now, but i still find the lag when scroll it.

• Like 1