Map and PowerPoint

Reyalino

Dear All gisarea

Designing a map which gave good interpretation is quite challenging in my opinion, and now I am facing new other challenges. Combining  a map  and power point :-D it sound easy for many people but not with me. When I am googling I found this interesting blog: geodharma "Quick & Beautiful Maps: Connecting ArcMap & PowerPoint…?" I would be happy to hear from all of you  regarding your experiences in presenting map using power point or any other platforms you used. 

never do that actually, 

that would be interesting topic for people who make presentation a lot :rolleyes:

When i make presentation with map, i usually just insert the layout map into my presentation, and sometime the display of the map is ugly (resolution is bad)

so I just crop and zoom on the part I need :D

ESRI also have ArcGIS for office, maybe I will try trial to see all the functions

ArcGIS for Office can be an option, even after its buggy interface. For presentation, I don't worry much about putting everything inside powerpoint. Powerpoints should be lightweight and focused at the same time, leaving the technicalities. I start with the bullet points and tables, and later jump to the truly technical session. Since I usually face a lot of eager questions every time I present, I usually leave ArcGIS Desktop and Google Earth open in the background with all maps loaded. For more - "... please talk with me after this presentation". 

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

When i make presentation with map, i usually just insert the layout map into my presentation, and sometime the display of the map is ugly (resolution is bad)

so I just crop and zoom on the part I need :D

I don't even bother to export, the mighty 'snipping tool' does the job.. :P

Edited by rahmansunbeam
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rahmansunbeam said:

ArcGIS for Office can be an option, even after its buggy interface. For presentation, I don't worry much about putting everything inside powerpoint. Powerpoints should be lightweight and focused at the same time, leaving the technicalities. I start with the bullet points and tables, and later jump to the truly technical session. Since I usually face a lot of eager questions every time I present, I usually leave ArcGIS Desktop and Google Earth open in the background with all maps loaded. For more - "... please talk with me after this presentation". 

I don't even bother to export, the mighty 'snipping tool' does the job.. :P

Completely agree with Rahmansunbean i prefer used in background ArcGIS Desktop and other for use smart in many question about presentation and when is required to clear. regards