export Data

alqamy

I have a geodatabase layer that have join to an excel sheet with matching records only option turned on to extract records matching a certain query. This resulted in 56 records to be available. When trying to export these to a separate layer as gdb or shapefiles I get a layer with 0 records in it. Can anybody help on how to over come this.

may be you could use this trick

personally I did not test this method yet, it is just crossed in my mind after I read your post

first, make an empty shapefile/feature class but set up the attribute table fields (and its field properties) matched your Excel table

then open your excel joined layer, start editing the previously created empty layer, 

then, using the Editor toolbar selection tool (black arrow without tail icon), select all the features in the excel joined layer, edit > copy and then paste it to the newly created empty layer.

hope it is works, 

It could also be because of the field names of the joined data. Ensure that the column headings (which become field names) in your spreadsheet do not contain spaces or other funny characters. Although the join may happen successfully it will fail to export any records when exporting the joined dataset. Column names should not start with a number (0-9) but only text (A-Z).