Remote Sensing-related Job

Deadpool

Hi, guys. Guess what? Deadpool is here to be a superemotesensed hero.

Okay, now, serious. My question may make you feel like want to stab me but I am now being serious. I am a remote sensing student, and now I am in my last year of my study. I wonder is there any remote sensing job for fresh graduates? Because everywhere I found almost nothing but GIS jobs. I like non photographic remote sensing so much, it is my passion.

Anyway is there any chances in your countries to give a stranger foreigner fresh graduate a job? I am just wondering, because we are lowly paid in my country.

Thank you.

I will give you some Colossus' smile after you answer my questions.

I hope by saying 'job' you are not attached to the idea of an office desk and a computer. Once a wise man said... 

if-you-re-good-at-something-never-do-it-  

So, if you think you are good at remote sensing you can do more than just a job. For example, 

a. try some freelancing. Try websites like Upwork who use to hire anyone even without a proper degree. Sites like these are pretty good and has handsome offers for skilled people

b. try organizations who use to do a lot of research (ie universities, NGOs)

c. try doing your own research. Your research may attract scholarships and a better degree. Once you have a better degree you don't have to look for a job (the job will find you)

or the best is to start your own business. Build a website, or start a research project and tell everyone about it. Try to keep your knowledge sharp, your skills up to the mark and your friends jealous without being mean. Best of luck!

• Like 4

In the end, is all about selling.

If you can sell anything, you can sell GIS & Remote Sensing.

The problem is to find potential customers, to find their needs. You might even trick them to need your services. :D

In my country, GIS is regarded as a branch of IT, a complementary skill for geologists, road engineers, natural parks managers, etc, etc....

But I never seen a job that strictly required only GIS & RS skills.

Remote Sensing is not even seen to it's true potential on the free private market in my country :(

So, I also have the same issues with jobs in GIS & RS in my country.

My solution would be to prospect by myself for potential clients and try to offer them the best solutions (geo-spatial solutions).

For example, I would like to open a small business to use an UAV drone to produce aerial images for natural park managers.

All natural parks and protected areas need in their management plans for regular and detailed aerial/satellite images, to monitor vegetation, habitats and human activities. :D

So, good luck, my friend !

Edited by Arhanghelul
  • Like 1