DEM IFSAR

norasyikin

Dear Lurke and pasfans01, tQ so much for the info. Btw this is my very first time working with gis and rs, so I dont really understand them. Im kinda lost here huhu.I dont have much sources, I dont know what to type in the search engine. If u have anything, can u plis help me? :)

just to let you know my friend, I am learning remote sensing since 10 years ago, and until today, i dont know really much about microwave remote sensing and SAR data. Those topic had so many principles,algorithms, and complex mathematics calculation, my advice is, you better learn the principles of remote sensing and image processing first before you go further, it wont be easy road man, 

and nope, arcgis is not remote sensing software, it couldnt generate DEM from stereo imagery, It could only generate DEM from height points or contours using spatial interpolation. 

yes, you must use RS software like ENVI, PCI geomatica, socet set, ERDAS Imagine, etc, 

oh i see. ive been playing around with the data using arcgis, well i guess it just a waste of time. during my bachelor's degree i did learn ENVI and ERDAS but i dont know what ive been doing. i think i have to start all over again now...

i feel good now to know that! thank you mate, God bless u :)

for crash course, first just pick your fave software for remote sensing, and start to learn step by step in their help (what you should click and what input etc etc), while you learn bout remote sensing especially SAR concept, feel free to ask here if you have question,

dont give up and keep learning :D