looking for someone to provide advice on topo GPS map project

RCinSTP

I have some digital map data and I would like to create a topographic map for GPS handheld.  I am looking for someone I can email, skype or phone to ask a lot of general questions.  I can pay for your time.  I have a set of hundreds of .jpg image files from an online topo map.  The .jpgs are 256x256 pixels and the names relate to the x, y coordinates on the map.  The image tiles are not geo-referenced.  I also have some .gdb files that I can't seem to open with GIS software.  I am in the Minneapolis, MN area.   Please contact me if you can offer some advice.  Thanks, Rick

wow, is it a project or something? :D

first, you need to make those jpg images georeferenced, ehm, I think we need a something like batch georeferenced or something to fasten this step :lol: .

what kind of GPS handled you have, is it garmin?

those gdb files, if you cant open it with arcGIS then it seems those files are garmin files, you can open it with map source :lol:

It's a personal project to make a map for my Garmin Montana 600 GPS.   I will try opening the .gdb files with Map Source, I didn't realize that there are two different types of .gdb files.

I will definitely need a batch method to geo-reference the .jpg images because there are hundreds of images.