Access DB - Host online? Best approach

Peeledpotato

Dear Colleagues,

My wife recently started working for a property broker as an intern. They have asked me to look at a database they have been building for the last couple of years. the database is in Access format and has a number of forms which they use to update the db. I have not worked with Access before as I am primarily a shapefile person who has a leaning towards spatialite. The db has a column referencing a well known local spatial data set so I should be able to map the data easily enough. However, they are looking for a system whereby I host the data online and update it from time to time. I was thinking about using google to host the db but am then going to need to convert the Access db to SQL / spatialite or something similar. I don't have access to ESRI products so am thinking of open source alternatives.

Can anyone point me towards a tutorial dealing with converting access db's to an open source format and which if any of the online hosting services would you recommend?

Many thanks and trust you are all well,

P

Thanks for the input. What I may do is simply convert the Accessdb to csv and work from there. Ideally I would like to host it online but I need to figure out how to do that first without having to pay an arm and a leg for hosting. Google is perhaps a good option.

P