Create Topographic bathymetry Map

I have bathymetry raster data from the interpolation of bathymetry map and also topography data from the aerial photo survey (contour). What i would like to do is creating topobathy map. The issue's is, the reference level of bathymetry data and the topography data is different. Reference level for bathymetry data is in LWS (Low water spring) and the reference level for topography data is in MSL (mean sea level).

Which of reference level should i choose, and what of process should i take ? Can somebody help me.

Thank in advance

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on the objective of your map.

For navigation is better that you use LWS

(because if anybody in a boat reads in the map i.e 3 meters, the water below has a minimum of 3 meters deep;

otherwise he/she coud read 3 meters, and hit the bottom and sink ´cause there is 1 meter of deep)

On the other side, if you use MSL, please adda a big "Not Intended for navigation"  

Regards.

Art

Edited by Art409
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks @cseu, the journal is really helping..

There is no special purposes for the map. But thank you @Art409, I've never seen navigation map before, but your information is interesting during the issues you provide.

Finally I used MSL as the reference level according to the regulation of the local government.