Forest stand/ecosystem changes using remote sensing techniques !

GALL2014

Hello everyone,

I am seeking some suggestions about time series image classification techniques. I am trying to calculate "Forest Stand" ( pant/vegetation species) within a study area ( a part of amazon rain-forest), and also identify changes in last 10 years. I do know some basic stuff about image classification (supervise and unsupervised) and change detection techniques. I wonder if there is any efficient method to accomplish my task. I have following specific questions:

1. Which satellite imagery and what resolution would be best for this analysis?

2. How to perform a supervise classification to time series (historic) images (is it possible without ground control points) ?

I will appreciate if someone can provide me some guidance or point me to relevant resources.

Thanks you ! 

Edited by GALL2014

it goes like this, there is nothing called 'adjective' in a research. So, there is no 'best' tool for your research; you'll pick anthing and start the job. 

without gcp is un-supervised. Try our favorite website Youtube,

2. How to perform a supervise classification to time series (historic) images (is it possible without ground control points) ?

Virginia Geospatial Extension 

it goes like this, there is nothing called 'adjective' in a research. So, there is no 'best' tool for your research; you'll pick anthing and start the job. 

without gcp is un-supervised. Try our favorite website Youtube (Virginia Geospatial Extension).

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I am seeking some suggestions about time series image classification techniques. I am trying to calculate "Forest Stand" ( pant/vegetation species) within a study area ( a part of amazon rain-forest), and also identify changes in last 10 years. I do know some basic stuff about image classification (supervise and unsupervised) and change detection techniques. I wonder if there is any efficient method to accomplish my task. I have following specific questions:

I will appreciate if someone can provide me some guidance or point me to relevant resources.

Thanks you ! 

I have been working with remote sensing in change detection... attached the link to the methodology translate in english (1) as a referencie to full PDF reserch workin spanish language (2).

1-> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzh6SRELNT5xSTlUUVdoVlVDbjg/edit?usp=sharing

2-> http://eprints.ucm.es/22982/