IDRISI Selva Help?

RaistlinMajere

Hello,

I am using a Selva edition. I'm a rookie about all GIS and we didn't do any kind of tutorial like this in class before..

My objective is to take any kind of place's picture from Google Earth with height infos of course, and then put it on IDRISI, use "ORTHO" command to see the area i picked from Google Earth.

I know i need a file type with Z coordinates in it but we didn't learn how to convert .kml files to IDRISI. Before you ask i already tried KML to Idrisi command and it didn't work.

Can anyone help me and tell me how to create a goole earth file that i can use in IDRISI with ortho command step by step ?

Thank you so much

• Administrators

never use IDRISI before, but I found some interesting article bout ortho command :

http://elearning.algonquincollege.com/coursemat/viljoed/gis8746/concepts/idrisi/commands/ortho/ortho.htm

your problem would be to extract surface image from google earth with Z data in it.

on Idrisi based on their paper, there is 2 way to make orthographic perspective, via DEM or continuous raster images

I imagine there is an option to use stereo pair of image as an input, is there any option like that?