How to Classify from these sample in Ecognition

HTC

Hello everybody!

I am studying about Ecognition at Chapter: Creatting Samples base on Shapefile.

When i finish creat these samples from vector (thematic layer: Shapefile). Now, How to classify image base on samples? if someone know that. Please help me! Thank you very much.

Edited by HTC

Thank Rahmansunbeam. That i have read in previous. These sample in Tutorial that is choosen by select sample method. But in my option these sample is created base on shapefile vector. I use method classification in that tutorial but the result is not successful. What method to classify image base on these sample, that is created from shapefile vector? thank you very much.

And where we can find the tutorial data used in this presentation ?

a link... ? :)

umm, don't know. You can ask the authors directly, may be they can help.

Thank Rahmansunbeam. That i have read in previous. These sample in Tutorial that is choosen by select sample method. But in my option these sample is created base on shapefile vector. I use method classification in that tutorial but the result is not successful. What method to classify image base on these sample, that is created from shapefile vector? thank you very much.

Well once you have the sample, you can follow the steps after that. If your samples are in correct form, they should work like that ( no matter where theycome from). If the samples are too hard to follow, try save them and reopen them with new project/data.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

hi

i want to  use ecognition to zonning of lansdslide assessment and local warning

how can i do it in hissoft ware???????

please send youe ansr in my email : [email protected]

Please, use Google Translate.

I don't understand your question and your english.

Your english is very bad.

As-salam alaykum السلام عليكم

Please, use Google Translate.

I don't understand your question and your english.

Your english is very bad.

As-salam alaykum السلام عليكم

i want to assessment landslide  monitoring and detection in ecognation  or envi & Arc gis, especially object oriented method

how can i do this? please help me

i want to assessment landslide  monitoring and detection in ecognation  or envi & Arc gis, especially object oriented method

how can i do this? please help me

What data do you have ?

Landslide images (rasters), etc ?

eCognition is an image classification software, an Object-Oriented image Analyst (OBIA). This is not the same with the other softwares (ex: ENVI and ERDAS) witch use the traditional "per-pixel" image classification method.

You should search on Google about landslide monitoring and detection, for more articles.

Here, for example:

http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=BhZRIVwAAAAJ&hl=en

Good luck

What data do you have ?

Landslide images (rasters), etc ?

eCognition is an image classification software, an Object-Oriented image Analyst (OBIA). This is not the same with the other softwares (ex: ENVI and ERDAS) witch use the traditional "per-pixel" image classification method.

You should search on Google about landslide monitoring and detection, for more articles.

Here, for example:

http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=BhZRIVwAAAAJ&hl=en

Good luck

i have landsat & spot data so

how can i do monitoring and detection landslide

which rol set i need in ecognatin

Detecting landslides using remote sensing is not an easy job.

It depends on many factors: the spatial and spectral resolution of the satellite images, presence of vegetation, target area, classification method, etc.

You also must know what tipe of landslides you whant to detect.

Superficial landslide, deep landslides, etc.

For example, using low and moderate spatial resolution images like Lndsat TM/ETM (30 m) and SPOT 1-4 (10-20 m), I don't think that these images will be useful to you. You need better images, like IKONOS, QuickBird, GeoEye and WorldView 2 (under 5 m spatial resolution).

Depends what you whant to obtain from the images.

eCognition is the best software for image classification using high and very-high resolution sattelite images !

First, you should search on internet articles and books about Landslides, Remote Sensing and image classification.

Then, see what you whant to do and what images are the best for your study.

About the rule set classification in eCognition, you make the rule set based on your samples from the image. Search for the old tutorial manual of eCognition. Go to this forum and search.

Arhanghelul

Edited by Arhanghelul

Detecting landslides using remote sensing is not an easy job.

It depends on many factors: the spatial and spectral resolution of the satellite images, presence of vegetation, target area, classification method, etc.

You also must know what tipe of landslides you whant to detect.

Superficial landslide, deep landslides, etc.

For example, using low and moderate spatial resolution images like Lndsat TM/ETM (30 m) and SPOT 1-4 (10-20 m), I don't think that these images will be useful to you. You need better images, like IKONOS, QuickBird, GeoEye and WorldView 2 (under 5 m spatial resolution).

Depends what you whant to obtain from the images.

eCognition is the best software for image classification using high and very-high resolution sattelite images !

First, you should search on internet articles and books about Landslides, Remote Sensing and image classification.

Then, see what you whant to do and what images are the best for your study.

About the rule set classification in eCognition, you make the rule set based on your samples from the image. Search for the old tutorial manual of eCognition. Go to this forum and search.

Arhanghelul

ungracefully in my country we cant provid high resolution image that so expensive

do you have image of this area

north west of iran

ungracefully in my country we cant provid high resolution image that so expensive

do you have image of this area

north west of iran

No, I don't have images for Iran.

You can search and buy, if you have money, for high-resolution images at:

http://imagehunter.apollomapping.com/

or at:

http://www.digitalglobe.com/

Free images are limited, hard to find.

You can also use aerial images (photos or orthophotos), if you have for your area of interest.

Cheers,

Arhanghelul