How to classification supervised and unSupervised in Ecogntion

HTC

Hello everybody!

I used Envi and erdas to to classification supervised and unSupervised image in Remote sensing. But Now, My work need use Ecogntion to classification supervised and unSupervised image. But tutorial about Ecogntion (Document in help) is difficult do know. Do Somebody have video or document to practice Ecogntion (classification image)? That used ecogntion in remote sensing is difficult with me. Someone can help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much.

Edited by HaNoi

Yes, classification in eCognition is not an easy task.

You can do a supervised classification like in ERDAS or ENVI, by selecting image objects samples for each class to apply Standard Nearest Neighbour (StNN). After you obtain a classification image, you can do a refinement (or adjustements) by using tresholds to better separate classes, by their shapes, position to other calsses and more other features. (this is called a "rule-set")

So, eCognition is a good software to make classification, but it is not so simple like: press a button and pac-pac > you have the best classification image !

:P

• Like 1

Actually, you are not bound to use eCognition for OBIA, there are plenty other options for that. As for example Imagine Objective is a fine one for a quick classification. IDL also has similar thing i guess. Feature Analyst is another one. eCognition is good for many sub-level object analysis, batch processing, variable and class insertion withing same or different part of the image at once and still faster.

• Like 1

I know a lot of software to classfication Image (envi, erdas, pca...)but now, my work need used Ecogntion. This software is new with our. I search in youtube, google about classification image video but it is not sucessful. These video, i found which not useful. I hope somebody can make video about classification image by Ecognition to teach me. Thank you have replied.

Yes, rahmansunbeam, the are some alternatives to eCognition (like ENVI EX, for example), but I think eCognition is the most powerful and also, very complex image analyst tool for OBIA.

Vietcong, probably I will make a small video tutorial about a classsification example using eCognition and I will put it on YouTube soon.

I have noticed that OBIA is not so used method of image interpretation compared to classic classification, especially using eCognition or other OBIA softwares. So, there is a lack of tutorials and explicit informations for OBIA users. :huh:

Hmmm, why ? <_<

• Like 1