regarding landslide hazard modeling in arcgis

sanzida

hello everyone,

can you guys tell me any tutorials that help me to build a model of landslide hazard analysis using arcgis10

model builder, what types of data and the working procedures,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its urgent guys

regards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Sanzida

Actually i'm working on Landslide hazard assessment and have some publications about that.

ArcGIS represent in many approaches the last step, i.e. used for output mapping (produce susceptibility map and categorize it)

Plz, be more clear, then maybe i can help,

You want to depend fully on ArcGIS , then not much to do, maybe only for direct analysis of DEM.

But using the Bivariate or multivairate approach or other statistical approaches, it need supported software.

clarify your question and what exactly you want.. i hope i cant help.

All the Best..

Omar Althuwaynee.

• 4 months later...

hey omar althuuwaynee

thanks for ur reply,,,,,,,,,,,,, actually i want various methods for landslide hazard zonation, it could be statistical or knowledge based (heuristic) , fuzzy based,,,,,,,,,,,could u pls share ur paper with me, it would be beneficial for me as i want to

do something about landslide,

however i know these methods as i earlier mentioned but dont have any idea about multivariate regression approach in landslide analysis, could u pls give me idea,,,,,,,,,here is my mail id [email protected],,,,,,,if u have any tutorials as well as simple papers of regarding issue pls share with me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

regards

• 5 months later...

Check this..Its one of the latest methods, using Evidential Belief Function, on Malaysia case study.

Actually, you may find a rich data base in Google scholar about that.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S009830041200091X

Cheers.

Thank you for your paper.and I want to know which software can calculate Evidential Belief Function?Using Arcgis?

• 3 months later...

Hi Sanzida,

You can use LHI model. This model uses factor of weight and lanslide data in past to calculated.

You must some data: DEM, Geology, Rainfall, Satellite Image (NDVI), Soil, Detph Soil,... 

You can contact me, I will help you.

My Email: [email protected]

Edited by vuminhtuan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...