Data Exchange for ArcGIS

Thanks for the reply Team_Evil, if i manage to come up with a workaround I will post here

I'm aware of the ocean store, but I'm using university licences at the moment, so I will speak to some people at my department

If i come up with another method I will inform everyone, cheers

Here another trick to inport Shp file into petrel with Xtools Pro

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/12362-ArcGIS-to-Schlumberger-Petrel-format

Untill ESRI supply a plug-in allowing free movement of shapefiles from Arc into Petrel I have been using XPro Tools to export shapefiles into Petrel via text files (ASCAII files):

For polylines (in a file geodatabase) I have converted the vectors into points using the ArcMap Tool drop down menu and selecting convert to point. Then I aadd X,Y (Z if needed) data by using XPro Tools Table Operations, which can be viewed, once the operation is complete, in ArcCatalog or the Attribute Table, the tool gathers XYZ co-ordinates for each points and adds them to a table. Then using the XPro Tools convert the Point Shapefiles into Text files by using the 'Table Operations' > 'Export Table' to Text menu to convert all the points into a text file/or you can use excel spreadsheet (BTW this will accept any data in the attribute table), which can be imported into Petrel using Irap classic lines or points or Zmap point imports.

But if you have the plugin i can easly patch the signature......

• Like 1

• 6 months later...