Need help to open netcdf4 files

syah

Hi Guys,

I really need your help. I am working with temperature data from NOAA AVHRR. The files format is netcdf4. Getting stuck to open the data. Arcmap 9.3, Idrisi Taiga failed to open it. My main objective is to open the data and save it to other format so that I can use common remote sensing software e.g Idrisi taiga, PCI or Envi.

Anybody?

Cheers

Syah

I don't like to give incomplete answer but the problem is that I worked on it some time ago and couldn't find the script right now that I used.

If you are working with data of longer time span then you probably have one netcdf file in GB's having temperature data of decades on daily basis. You might want to get GeoTIFF tiles of daily temperature data extracted from that netcdf file. If you are a programmer then one option is to use R script. You might get some good help/script online to serve your purpose.However, if you are not good in programming then this might not be the right option for you  :rolleyes: .

Thank you very much Badar,

I am not good in programming. But if it is the only way I could read and export the day, I should try. :)

I don't like to give incomplete answer but the problem is that I worked on it some time ago and couldn't find the script right now that I used.

If you are working with data of longer time span then you probably have one netcdf file in GB's having temperature data of decades on daily basis. You might want to get GeoTIFF tiles of daily temperature data extracted from that netcdf file. If you are a programmer then one option is to use R script. You might get some good help/script online to serve your purpose.However, if you are not good in programming then this might not be the right option for you  :rolleyes: .

Thanks Lurker,

Unfortunately, ESRI does not support netcdf4.

:sad:

have you try multidimensional toolbox as state in the ESRI help file ?  :rolleyes:

you can use SAFE software then, FME, its best spatial data interoperability software, you can find it in a software section

or take a look here, bunch of utilities for netcdf

[hide]

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html

[/hide]

picjk one of them