Aster GDEM Release 2 (October 17th, 2011)

Lurker

The ASTER Global Digital Elevation Model (ASTER GDEM) is a joint product developed and made available to the public by the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry (METI) of Japan and the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).  It is generated from data collected from the Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER), a spaceborne earth observing optical instrument.

Version 2 of the ASTER GDEM is developed, employing an advanced algorithm to improve GDEM resolution and elevation accuracy and reprocessing a total of 1.6 million scene data including additional 350,000 scenes acquired after the previous release.  Accuracy of this latest version is validated by the collaborate effort between Japan and the United States, which shows significant improvements over Version 1 (*3).  The ASTER GDEM Version 2 will be formally released as an upgrade to Version 1 on October 17, 2011.

source : [hide]

http://www.ersdac.or.jp/GDEM/E/4.html

[/hide]

I can't wait to download the latest updated data, nice  :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

confirmed, just try to download this afternoon, and it return 503 ERROR

as I read in FAQ, it said server busy,

I think we need to wait another days,

maybe every aster users download the data, and the server get huge amount of request, as this is enhancement from the previous version

regards,

• 1 month later...