Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

snoop's Achievements


Newbie (1/14)



  1. what are you using? in ArcGIS the procedure is explained below. http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/tools/3d-analyst-toolbox/how-tin-to-raster-3d-analyst-works.htm
  2. If you want to model floods you will need two things: Set up an hydrology model such as HEC-HMS to estimate your storm peak flow. Part of the model can be developed in GIS using ArcHydro and HEC-geoHMS. Then once peak flow is estimated, Create a HEC-RAS model and run a steady flow analysis to estimate flood depths and extents. Hydraulic model can be developed in GIS using HEC-geoRAS These extensions are public domain and can be downloaded from the US Corps of Engineer webpage. Datawise, for hydrology, you will at a minimum need a DEM, stream layer, landuse and soils. Additionally, you will need rainfall data and flow data if you wish to calibrate the model. for hydraulics, landuse, for mannings, DEM to delineate floodplain and cut model cross sections. However, a TIN is preferable to a DEM to extract the cross section profiles.
  3. Allo, de la province d'Ontario Canada.
  4. try this site from canada; http://www.geobase.ca/geobase/en/data/imagery/index.html;jsessionid=D0E0B2ED7351A2B123DCA70FEDC411E2 they have free spot imagery
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.



If you enjoy our contents, support us by Disable ads Blocker or add GIS-area to your ads blocker whitelist