Transfer polygons attributes from one layer to another based on spatial location!

EGYXee

Hello guys,

I need help.... I want to transfer the POLYGONS ATTRIBUTES from the large polygons in the image below to the small ones based on their spatial location (the centroid of the small polygons must be inside the large ones)!...... I am using ArcGIS 10.4

uc?export=download&id=0B0HKaro07wSORXZpV

Edited by EGYXee

4 hours ago, cmatt said:

try the,  "spatial join", "join", "make query table"  tools. In any case you need a common key to join the datasets and the result is a new feature

This is the issue! there is nothing common about the data attributes. Only the spatial location!

This is why I need someone to help me make a PYTHON SCRIPT, which can help me copy attribute data from the large polygons to the small ones contained in it!

19 hours ago, mostafa said:

from spatial adjustment toolbar ------>>>>use attribute transfer mapping then select --------->>> source layer and target layer.

I have too many features to transfer the data to, the "attribute transfer" tool won't be a practical solution!

Edited by EGYXee

hi EGYXee,

have you try to use Spatial Join (Analysis Tools) from ArcToolbox?
ArcToolbox --> Analysis Tools --> Overlay --> Spatial Join, from there you can choose Join Operation to : JOIN_ONE_TO_ONE (if only one small polygon in the big one),
don't worry, it doesn't need to have common field between target layer and source layer and
Match Option set to HAVE_THEIR_CENTER_IN

On 10/31/2017 at 2:00 AM, softbook said:

hi EGYXee,

have you try to use Spatial Join (Analysis Tools) from ArcToolbox?
ArcToolbox --> Analysis Tools --> Overlay --> Spatial Join, from there you can choose Join Operation to : JOIN_ONE_TO_ONE (if only one small polygon in the big one),
don't worry, it doesn't need to have common field between target layer and source layer and
Match Option set to HAVE_THEIR_CENTER_IN

Due to some serious issues in the topology, I can not do a spatial join!

uc?export=download&id=0B0HKaro07wSOMEdZY

This is why I am asking for a Python code so I can use the centroid of the small polygons to copy the attributes!... Please keep in mind that this data is huge!

On 11/2/2017 at 12:54 AM, softbook said:

can i see the data? or have you try this

This is not useful for me as well since I do not want to put more than one attribute in the field... I just want to transfer the attribute of the features which have their centroid in the large polygon!

On 11/6/2017 at 4:33 AM, softbook said:

have you try to select the small polygon based on their centroid on the big polygon?, is it really select the correct small polygon or there is a missing small polygon (not selected)?

Nothing worked the way I wanted it to work so far :(

I am still looking around... I will update my post when I reach a solution!