Arc 10.3.1 not writing to shared network folder

ecologist

I'm using ArcGIS 10.3.1 and I have a shared network drive that I want to write my files to. I can write word files and all sorts of files and save them while using other programs, but when I am in Arc I CANNOT write any files! For example, I was trying to test and created a simple polygon and tried to save it to the drive and it kicks back "Unable to write a feature class."

I use a mac and run windows 7 pro with VMware.

HELP!  

I'm mac user, and in mac OSX is difficult to write directly in drive or disc with no mac format check the format of your drive have NTFs format,  this format is native for window that mean that mac just can read but not save or record, you have to mount the drive directly in the VWare in window, if you are sharing the disc directly of mac OSX with virtual partition is not posible to write in the drive because MACOSX need an app for save in NTFS partition or format (Paragon NTFS for Mac and Tuxera NTFS for Mac).

Good luck dude, regards

I've tried writing both shapes and geodatabases. If I use another program on the windows side (open office for example) I can write files with no problems. 

I can even see the files in ArcCatalog and I can connect to the folder, it's just that I cannot write anything to it! 

I will check some of the above tips and see if it gets me anywhere.

So when I try to open the files that I can see on the shared drive I get the following error: FDO Error: -2147024816  

When I try to write to the shared drive it just outright tells me it cannot create the feature class. 

I STILL have not been able to figure this out! :(