World Cities Map

Hi all,

Does one of you have some information about some shp/kmz /gdb files that contains the administrative boundaries of the major cities of the world?

I have seen and worked with this data a few years ago, but I am not able to find it anymore.It should be around 2500 shapes.(I have the centroids but not the areas)

Thanks!!

Hi all,

Does one of you have some information about some shp/kmz /gdb files that contains the administrative boundaries of the major cities of the world?

I have seen and worked with this data a few years ago, but I am not able to find it anymore.It should be around 2500 shapes.(I have the centroids but not the areas)

Thanks!!

Hi 946,

Try to have look there:

http://download.geofabrik.de/

You will have to work a bit to separate information.

;)

darksabersan.

Thanks for the replay!

I tried the OSM but the information that I am looking for is not quite consistent.(  yet :)  )

It's always a good starting point.

I love to use OSM Data, simply because they are still free, and also due to the fact that they are better then nothing.. :lol:

;) 

darksabersan.

• Like 1