sub pixel classifier - ERDAS

shaikhasun

My friend,

Cloud removal in ERDAS is not complicated. :)

The ideea is to extract and mask the clouds using 2 images.

For example, you have a Landsat image with clouds in the left corner down, from august 2013. You search another Landsat image from the same area (june, july, september, etc) that has no clouds on the left corner down. Ok ?

So you first classify the clouds from the first image. Then clip that area or mask it. You overlay this image on the second image. The holes in the first image layer are filled with the pixels from the second image below.

Here you can find informations abouth this method:

http://geospatial.intergraph.com/community/forums/

• Like 1

My friend,

Cloud removal in ERDAS is not complicated. :)

The ideea is to extract and mask the clouds using 2 images.

For example, you have a Landsat image with clouds in the left corner down, from august 2013. You search another Landsat image from the same area (june, july, september, etc) that has no clouds on the left corner down. Ok ?

So you first classify the clouds from the first image. Then clip that area or mask it. You overlay this image on the second image. The holes in the first image layer are filled with the pixels from the second image below.

Here you can find informations abouth this method:

http://geospatial.intergraph.com/community/forums/

:)  thank you brother :) i even tried the haze reduction but it is not going completely..  so i must now download :P another image

If the clouds are too compact or too visible in your images, you can't remove them completly.

I don't know any software that could do such a job.

The best method is to clip the cloud pixels and replace them with other clear pixels from another image, as I have described to you earlier.

Edited by Arhanghelul