radiometric correction in landsat bands 10 and 11 (TIRS)

dakaroni

I'm working on a project right now and I want to make sure that I get the radiometric corrections perfect and I've heard that thermal bands are different from 1-4. I was told that you can't just use darkest object subtraction or a cos(t) model, but that you have to have a different approach altogether. I'm going to be using LandSat8's TIRS (bands 10,11) to try to discern an estimate of surface temperature. The image that I have is relatively free of cloud cover, but I want to make this image as clean as possible so as to not accidentally calculate the Top of Atmosphere temp. Any help would be awesome!

The problem with Landsat 8 is that, beeing a new data material, we don't have yet enough scientific apllications to read.

I see that many people are asking and having this lacking of knowledge..... :(

I hope in the future to have more informations and research applications for Landsat 8, as we have already for the older satellite generations (TM, ETM, etc)

• 1 month later...