network analysis for Sea routing

Hi GIS expert,

I would like to share my concern, nowadays i try to manage sea routing (closest facility)with network analysis in arcGIS 10.1, and I have some problem though,

1. how to set only one incident for each vessel/facility to find out the route

2. I already set the depth restriction in atribute parameter and evaluator, the route can only pass the depth sea more than 4000 meters. But when I activate the rule, it doesnt work,. The vessel route still pass the depth sea under 4000 meters.

I really appreciate who response and share the way to fix it.

regards

Hi isti,

about your first problem, please clear what you want, do you have coordinates for each vessel and you want them load in network analyst ?

and the second problem, if a route with a depth under 4000 meters is completely restricted, you can remove them from the network from beginning, i mean do not use them at all

good luck 

Thanks Sergeant,,

Actually I have all the vessel location in my country, and I can load them in network analysis as facilities, my concern is when the accident happen which is only one accident, i wanna get only one route, which is the closest vessel can reach. What i have right now is when i set the route=incident to facility= i ll get the closest route, but i need the direction from facility to incident.i still can't solve this problem.

and the second problem, my data is all of my archipelago that consist of various depth, and i wanna set the depth under 4000 restricted.i already set in attribute parameter --> field evaluator-->restricted = "True"
                                                             If [depth] < 4000 then
                                                                  restricted= "False"
                                                                 end if

when  I activate, the route still pass the depth under 4000, or i made mistake with my pre logic script ..

regards

if they are restrictions you could add them as cost, use type: restriction, restriction usage: prohibited

name it and press ok,

the new cost has added to attribute tab, double click on it, on the source value tab, change type to field, choose depth field for value

now click on evaluator properties

as you can see the Value = [Depth], change it to Value = [Depth] < 4000

do it for both edges [ from to - to from]

works fine here :)

for the second problem,

on the network analyst toolbar, click on network analyst window, click on route properties, from the analysis setting tab, select facility to incident

• Like 1