help : arcgis 10.1 network analyst "failed to generate directions"

I'm trying to build a route and get directions for a simple network. On my network dataset I can generate the route no problem, but I get an error message when I try to view the directions window :

DirectionsUI

Failed to generate directions.

I have search online and arcgis forum too..but nothing works.

1zlxgl1.jpg

ps : work on windows 8 pro with arcgis 10.1 sp1

Edited by rahmat97

I had this issue before... It seems like you generated the network in either an older GIS version or a different PC.

What you can simply do is remove the network and its associated layers from the TOC and add them again and everything should work just fine. If not, try to regenerate/build the network again and everything should work just fine!

thank you for respond..the network generate in the same GIS version and PC, i have remove, add network and rebuild network several time, but nothing works..i have try some solution from http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=93&f=1796&t=138571&g=1 and http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00vs00000004030020.htm but still have the same problem. do i need to attach my mxd project?

Finally..i have a solution for this problem..still i don't know why..after uninstall and downgrade to arcgis v.10..i can generate directions for my route..but i think this is not a good choice :)

nvthft.jpg

After uninstall and install arcgis 10 and 10.1 several time, my conclusion "arcgis 10.1 sp 1" that made me cannot generate directions for route in my network analysis.

Edited by rahmat97
  • Like 1