'GOD PARTICLE' Discovered at last !!!

rahmansunbeam

Cern scientists reporting from the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) have claimed the discovery of a new particle consistent with the Higgs boson.  The particle has been the subject of a 45-year hunt to explain how matter attains its mass.

Both of the Higgs boson-hunting experiments at the LHC see a level of certainty in their data worthy of a "discovery".

More work will be needed to be certain that what they see is a Higgs, however.

The results announced at Cern (European Organization for Nuclear Research), home of the LHC in Geneva, were met with loud applause and cheering.

Prof Peter Higgs, after whom the particle is named, wiped a tear from his eye as the teams finished their presentations in the Cern auditorium. "I would like to add my congratulations to everyone involved in this achievement," he added later.

"It's really an incredible thing that it's happened in my lifetime." Prof Stephen Hawking joined in with an opinion on a topic often discussed in hushed tones. "This is an important result and should earn Peter Higgs the Nobel Prize," he told BBC News.

"But it is a pity in a way because the great advances in physics have come from experiments that gave results we didn't expect."

Details

Have you ever thought you could ever hear such a news in your lifetime. WOW! When Neil Armstrong stepped on Moon for the first time he said, "That's one small step for a man one giant leap for mankind". This is surely another GIANT STEP!    :grin: :grin:

nice, I though that god or dark particle is neutrino

regards,

:azn: The actual theory says, the god particle is the one responsible for creating mass of any matter. To the very beginning of the Universe there was only energy, no mass. This very particles gave mass to everything. When 'mass' is born, so born the stars, our sun and this Earth. CERN claims to create a mini big bang in their LHC and found a similar situation in there. If this is true then it could be possible to know the mystery of this universe and mystery of creation of Human kind. (if i recall reading 'The Lost Symbol' of Dan Brown, this also creates a possibility of enormous energy/weapon like Dark Matter.  :grin:)

So much godly thing, aren't they.

• Administrators

there is unknown particle that contribute to almost 90 % of universe mass, this discovered as scientist try to calculate mass of the universe and compare with all the galaxy and the stars

at the first time, they suspect that neutrino is the dark matter itself, but at the end, after some further calculation its not enough, and they speculate that there is another unknown particles,

• 2 weeks later...