Back end , Front end, WebGIS

arcsump

Lurker, are you using Community or Enterprise Edition?

What I hear, Community vs Enterprise are something like Fedora vs Red Hat?

German people made some very good apllications (not only in GIS field), but the problem is they do not care much about other documentation languages. Examples in WebGIS are MapBender and kvwmap.

our team is in the process of using the openlayers module.

i am also trying to inject some JS library (particularly EXTJS 4) for some forms for some formula computing, although there is an obvious problem of a separate css

there are modules that use google api such as geofields, which would be enough for visualization.

Drupal has its own css and is a content management system that allows you to select which content available to a particular group of users.

Yes you can try OpenGeo and study GeoExt api,

We treid starting from scratch because there are some components of  OpenGeo  we don't need, such as postGIS.

i'll update as soon as i can,

Lurker, are you using Community or Enterprise Edition?

What I hear, Community vs Enterprise are something like Fedora vs Red Hat?

German people made some very good apllications (not only in GIS field), but the problem is they do not care much about other documentation languages. Examples in WebGIS are MapBender and kvwmap.

normally we use the community edition for prototypes.

of course, it is free, without support from the makers.

If you are worrying about the documentation and the resources in case of troubleshooting, then there is an active forum for it. There are also lots of fora out there. XD

interesting, for me, I try learn Opengeo, actually its already made, complete solution for webgis, ehehhehehe

can you tell me the detail using drupal as a webgis? you customize it or already a plugin for it?

the simple explanation is you come up first with a drupal installation with the necessary modules installed ( usually openlayers)

then use Geoserver to serve GIS data.

for simplicity, we also use MySQL for for the database ( usually included with XAMPP installations from ApacheFriends.)

in the future ( after taking my licensure exam as a Geodetic Engineer in our country , two months from now) i will try using postgreSQL for the purpose. (WAPPstack from BitNami)