Batch clip and mosaic map section

maunaloa

Hi ppl!

I have difficult question:)

There is a map collection, all maps are in ecw format, and the scale is 1:25000. I want to mosaic them with GlobalMapper to a big, but single ecw file. The problem is the frame of these maps. All maps are scanned, and they have frame, with subtitled informations, graticule etc.. If i open them in a GIS software, each map section covers some place on the neighbour sections.

What i need? If possible, clip the frame from each raster and mosaic to a new one.

Any idea?

sure man is better make and index  layer of the area of the map and then can use this index for clip each map...this the fir road

the second road is more easy you can make mosaic and edit the area of overlay that can be clip or eliminate in the same process of mosaic ...i hope be useful...regards

thx mate!

...i dunno, ya feel sometimes, ya need a method, a solution, and ya thinking on very complex ways. BUT the solution is based on a simple method...

That index layer thing is interesting, can you help me a bit about that indexing, etc. ? If i make a layer in arcgis, and fill with that map collections sections, i can setup, which frames will be eliminated by display the maps?

I've tested the two ways:

- once, if i mosaic the data, there are options for mosaic method: first, last, mean, blend, max, min. These are only control, which pixel will be deleted, and which will stay in the new raster.

I need to mosaic with delete the overlapping parts.

- second, i searched, googled, but i didn't find any info about index layer.

Any idea?

• 4 weeks later...

olla

I've paused that batch mosaic and clip project. Now i started it again. I've created a fishnet, and now i can georeference all rasters to the fishnet.

I tested the clip command, and i can't clip more than one raster with one polygon layer. The result of the command is a big raster, and the overlapping parts aren't cropped.

Esri "ask carto" helped: i need arcgis 10 instead gis 9.3, and i can make raster footprint, etc. etc.

I will test it. Btw i1ve tested globalmapper to make the operation, but it resulted same like Gis 93.1. sry...

I like arcgis, but ver. 10 isn't good for this mega operation. I thougt, i will mosaic all my map sections with global mapper to one big ecw file. I've made an other big county map, global mapper worked around 10-15 hours, without any problem.

I thought i will ask on the globalmapper forum. Mike, the magician gave me a tip: script!

I will test it, and i will post the results!

Oioi

• 8 months later...