IPB vs VBulletin

Lurker

Which one is better based on your experience ?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better based on your experience ?

• VBulletin
    • IPB
    • Others

Hi there  :grin:

this time, I make a poll about Forum script (like GIS AREA, but this forum using SMF which is free)  :lipsrsealed:

Okey, mainly I really interesting with this two product,

1. VBulletin, little bit expensive at the first time of buying (195 dollar), but you get free update as long as in same major version, but next time another major version is coming, you only get discount for that (almost like buying new license).

here the links and example forum taken from their official sites :

[hide]

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

[/hide]

2. IPB (Invision Power Board) , is another competitor of VBulletin, it has cheap license (150 dollar), but you need to renew your license every 6 months for 25 dollar to get next update

here the links and the example forum taken from their official sites :

[hide]

http://community.invisionpower.com/

[/hide]

this are the most well known forum script, but there are plenty other paid script that exist, like Burning Board or Xenforo (this script build by ex Vbulletin developer), and many more, but I think i will emphasize on this two forum script

i know that most of you are NOT FORUM ADMIN and maybe dont understand about this product, but at least, besides this forum, you already join another forum that maybe using IPB or VBulletin, so AS regular user, I ask your opinion about this product, for example : bout the template, level of comfortable, navigation, etc , your experience as user of a forum that using this product

let the pool begin,  :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

regards,

thanx for your pool dear admin, in contrary, I love VBulletin, since they have huge collection mods which is most of them is free, if you compare it to IPB, they have a many collection of mods too, but some of them are paid, maybe you get cheaper with IPB, but you need extra money for the mods

regards,