programming ArcObjects with VBA

daxris

Hey all.

I am a student from Greece, so I m really sorry for my English! I try to make my dissertation which has to do with programming ArcObjects with VBA. I have a shapefile with some roads of an area. I have to use the Djikstra's algorithm in general. But, as you can understand, I have first change programmatically the length of some roads. Is there anyone to help me??

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. It's quite useful. As you understood I have to adapt the shortest path theory. So, I have programmatically to make a programm, in which you can choose from where you want to go and where to arrive, (from A to B for example), and this will suggest you the shortest path. Do you have any ideas?? Sorry for my english again...

Thanks for all guys. Is there anyone who knows how can I use an XML file in VBA programming? Surely it can be done programmatically but I cant find how. To be more specific, I have an XML file in which I have some informations such as ID's, coordinations etc. I want to open it programmatically, and make a code in which

For id=1 to maxID

If  x > 329308.95 and  x < 335778.42 then

If  y >  4098095.805 and  y < 4102028.150 then

newID = id

Xid = x

Yid = y

end if

end if

next id

I can take all the x's and y's in a square..!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The purpose of VBA and Python in fact popular to make easy repeated/iteration-able work inside ArcGIS desktop product. Mostly you need to open core product than you can use your developed tool/button etc. However you also can make GUI using third party/or your developed modules if you are strong on that. But you need to have desktop license installed in your computer. 

ArcObject offer mainly to make standalone solution through Dot Net framework. To deploy your development you will need runtime license.

• Like 1