Google Buys Motorola Mobility

Lurker

What a great news,  :laugh:

Google just announced that it is acquiring Motorola Mobility. The search and online advertising company is buying the company for approximately $12.5 billion (or $40 per share), in cash. The price represents a premium of 63 percent to the closing price of Motorola Mobility shares last Friday. Google had about $39 billion in cash at last count

and what happen with Android then, see below quotes :

The acquisition of Motorola Mobility, a dedicated Android partner, will enable Google to supercharge the Android ecosystem and will enhance competition in mobile computing. Motorola Mobility will remain a licensee of Android and Android will remain open. Google will run Motorola Mobility as a separate business.

see the complete story here :

[hide]

http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/15/breaking-google-buys-motorola-for-12-5-billion/

[/hide]

BTW, you can see comment from all Android partner regarding this acquisition

see here :

[hide]

http://www.google.com/press/motorola/quotes/

[/hide]

comment please  :grin:

In contrary I love in google in almost everything, but yeah, I think they must focus in one thing, many of their product have been failed,

hehehehehe

google  define the power and advanced technology domain for his technical staff, see the google earth you can see and navigate in 3d and 2d with imagery so so update of all the world , seee the  OS android is very nice , i hope wait great application and wonder design of them.

regards