Sooner or Later ArcMap will be Replaced with ArcGIS Pro

riza.pasha

21-ArcMap-will-be-replaced-with-ArcGIS-P

In the questions and answers session of Esri UC 2017 Q & A, there has been concern about the future of ArcMap. Because Esri’s new generation desktop GIS product is ArcGIS Pro. It is advancing by leaps and bounds and technologically advanced to any other product on the market, this powerful application provides professional mapping functions, advanced analysis and data management.

In addition, developed in a 64-bit architecture, to enjoy and explore the new advantages and features that migrate to ArcGIS Pro is required to log in with an account subscribed to ArcGIS Online. Then the million dollar question would be:

Will ArcMap be replaced with ArcGIS Pro?

Yes. ArcGIS Pro will eventually replace ArcMap. We will continue to support and maintain ArcMap. However, our focus is on making ArcGIS Pro the world’s best desktop GIS. There are still some capabilities of ArcMap that are not yet in ArcGIS Pro, so some ArcGIS Desktop users will be using both ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap till Pro has everything you need to fully support your work.

This response has been published in Esri UC 2017 Q&A, although there will be a whole process of accompaniment in the migration, but sadly the life of ArcMap with technical support is scheduled until 2022.

Although after that time I think there will be a lot of users who keep using ArcMap, simply because if it works well and you are comfortable there would be no reason to change. This has happened with some users who are still reluctant to abandon ArcView 3.

We only have to wait for the future how ArcMap lovers will react, I think it is good to adapt to changes and explore new opportunities, each one is free to make a decision, but living from the past is not always the best option.

I will make a polling for this forum who are on the ArcMap's side and ArcGIS Pro's side later?

Source : Seerab.com

• Thanks 1

Greetings Friends, :):):) 

Cruel situation !!! The free trial period is only 21 days ... :blink::blink::blink:

I did not request the test .... But I really want it is a medicine ....  :wub::wub::wub:

Saudações Amigos,

Situação cruel!!! O período de teste grátis é de apenas 21 dias... 

Eu não solicitei o teste.... Mas eu quero mesmo é uma medicina....

:D:D:D 

do not rely on one software

at least 2 software, and one of them is open source

your life will be save :D

as I got free license from ITC later this month, arcgis pro still slow as snail, too much license check in here and there, ESRI definitely need to improve performance for this new software

I hope maybe 2 or 3 more major release and it will be ready :wub:

and the ribbon menus, yeah definitely remember me of Mapinfo , ahahaha :lol:

I dont have much time play with this crap, as I try on the first time and see the sluggishness , I just uninstall it and install ArcGIS Desktop  B)

• Like 1

On 10/28/2017 at 9:21 PM, Lurker said:

do not rely on one software

at least 2 software, and one of them is open source

your life will be save :D

as I got free license from ITC later this month, arcgis pro still slow as snail, too much license check in here and there, ESRI definitely need to improve performance for this new software

I hope maybe 2 or 3 more major release and it will be ready :wub:

and the ribbon menus, yeah definitely remember me of Mapinfo , ahahaha :lol:

I dont have much time play with this crap, as I try on the first time and see the sluggishness , I just uninstall it and install ArcGIS Desktop  B)

:lol: yeah they should fire the bloke who came up with the ribbon type on Mapinfo 64 bit, totally confusing, we had to relearn everything and i mean everything from scratch the function is there but its too confusing to find where it is, they even renamed some of the functions and some are just hidden away. so when i saw ArcPRO maaaaan... ArcMap users must be as confused as well :lol: , why is this ribbon developers so obsessed  on confusing us, there is no need to make Mapinfo and Arcgis look like the new Microsoft Office ;)

• Like 1

On 28/10/2017 at 11:21 AM, Lurker said:

não confie em um software

pelo menos 2 softwares, e um deles é de código aberto

sua vida será economizada :D

Como obtive licença gratuita do ITC no final deste mês, o arcgis pro ainda está lento como o caracol, muita verificação de licença aqui e aí, a ESRI definitivamente precisa melhorar o desempenho desse novo software

Espero que talvez seja 2 ou mais 3 versões principais e estará pronto :wub:

e os menus da fita, sim, definitivamente me lembro de Mapinfo, ahahaha :lol:

Eu não tenho muito tempo jogando com essa porcaria, como eu tentei pela primeira vez e vejo a lentidão, acabo de desinstalá-lo e instalar ArcGIS Desktop  B)

Thanks... :):):)