Needing ideas for a ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS ModelBuilder project!

Hi everyone,

I am looking for ideas for a project I will be doing for my Internet GIS class. The final product is going to be a custom Web Application published on ArcGIS Online with data stored in a SQL geodatabase. I want to include one or more custom widgets (ie tools developed in ArcMap ModelBuilder and published online) but I cannot think of any model that would be useful/interesting and that could be implemented in a  Web App. 

I would be very grateful if you could throw in some ideas. I dont care what is the project about as long as the data for it is available.

I can totally provide more details if anyone wants.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by janpisl

well, for starters, you could look up to http://solutions.arcgis.com/ and search for specific ArcGIS-related projects for various purposes for ideas. Also you could browse for implemented ideas on arcgis online (and other ESRI projects) in https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/.

I would personally suggest you to develop some kind of social media related mapping project (i.e. crowdsourced map). This could produce many kinds of information system (for example, this project which utilize the social media for emergency and disaster management). Given correct keywords, you could adopt the idea into various purposes, such as sentiment analysis and mapping, geopolitics, traffic monitoring, etc. The limit is your imagination