wınd turbine location

Hi community, I have a question that how can I choose the suitable area fro locate wind turbines?? I have the layers and maps but ı am not sure about the pathways to create final map? Can anybody help me ? . there are some crıterıas lıke turbınes should be far from roads 100m and slope must be under 10%, how can ı combıne all of them and after enter all the crıterıas how can ı reach the fınal map that show me suıtable place????

locate a suitable place for wind turbines could be tricky, you need additional criteria right? like place with high speed and direction of wind, 

but if you only use those two criterias (slope and road radius) then this would really simple task :D

you can use simple method like overlay

for slope, make classification for slope, higher score for flat terrain and small score for rugged terrain

for road, you need a line data and make buffer 100 m and beyond 100 m, highest score for distance beyond 100m

overlay both of data, the combination of beyond 100 distance of road and flat terrain will create highest score, that the place you are looking for :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

locate a suitable place for wind turbines could be tricky, you need additional criteria right? like place with high speed and direction of wind, 

but if you only use those two criterias (slope and road radius) then this would really simple task :D

you can use simple method like overlay

for slope, make classification for slope, higher score for flat terrain and small score for rugged terrain

for road, you need a line data and make buffer 100 m and beyond 100 m, highest score for distance beyond 100m

overlay both of data, the combination of beyond 100 distance of road and flat terrain will create highest score, that the place you are looking for :D

thanks for answer really helpful, also ı have the ınclude the wind speed and dırectıon wınd , how can ı combine them ??  I have the map of peat area, rıvers,roads, natıonal parks, slope,wınd speed, countyr parks ,wodlands... And ı do not know ıf ı have addıtıonal data ? after defıne the area how can ı show the turbınes on the map?

Edited by mehmetgur87