How to set memory usage of Arcmap

imtest133

On 2/21/2017 at 3:02 AM, Lurker said:

if you get your CPU almost 100%, then your computer will be freeze

this happen when I run PIX4D process drone data and forgot to set multi core setup (usually I release 1 core and the rest of core for processing)

This is the best way to avoid general failure on your system and blue screen.. :P:lol:

darksabersan.

Edited by darksabersan

I am not sure if you are worried that the operation is slow or the CPU usage is low. ArcGIS is a 32-bit single-threaded application. It cannot use more than 4GB RAM and 1-core at a time. You can try 64-bit background geoprocessing to use more RAM. To use more CPU you can try three thing, 

1. try the python console. See this link 
  2. split your data into 4 part and run the same operation in 4 instances of ArcGIS at the same time. This will use 4 core at a time. ArcGIS Desktop doesn't support distribute operation (I think, like 3DS Max), you'll need to do it all by hand,
  3. find some other application who can do the same thing with better speed (ie. 64bit QGIS, Anaconda, R). 

Edited by rahmansunbeam