• Announcements

• EmperoR

Dear Guests   12/24/2016

Welcome to the GIS-AREA. like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of GIS-AREA by signing in or creating an account here. Once you have created your account and have introduced yourself to our community, you can start new topics, reply to others, subscribe interesting threads, get your customize profiles, make news friends, and others nice stuff. To make your stay as pleasant and constructive as possible, please don't forget to read through our pinned forum rules and board guidelines in each section before you do anything else.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fna

How to make android apps about college bus tracking?

6 posts in this topic

do you have any experience in mobile programming?

rather than reinventing the wheel, you can use open source GPS tracking system available on the net such as OpenGTS project

nope. i dont have any experience. i want to try do this apps for my project in university. can you help me give suggestion how to make it?

Just saw it now, I hope fna found his solutions. If not try this, 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5096192/create-an-android-gps-tracking-application
https://github.com/nickfox/GpsTracker
https://github.com/rcgroot/open-gpstracker

Building something like this requires experiences in Java programming. Try some framework, for example Iconic or Phonegap if you have experience with web programming, or Kiivy for Python, or Xaramin for C#. Even Java has few robust frameworks. Try App Dev Wiki for more options. Most of these frameworks support GPS tracking api. 

Now I understood that I have to make Student App that retrieves latitude and longitude from server., right?
One Driver App that gets latitude and longitude from GPS of phone and send to server.

Now where I have doubt is in making of "SERVER"? What should I use,apache and MySQL or anything else?Please help  with how to start MAKING SERVER     

We are guide to u.Visit us @ 

I want to know how real time implementation can  be done?
How should I retrieve data and send data to server instantly.?
How should I calculate the distance between X and Y (where X and Y are predefined stoppages.)
How to calculate the speed of vehicle?

Now I understood that I have to make Student App that retrieves latitude and longitude from server., right?

One Driver App that gets latitude and longitude from GPS of phone and send to server.

Now where I have doubt is in making of "SERVER"? What should I use,apache and MySQL or anything else?Please help  with how to start MAKING SERVER     

We are guide to u.Visit us @ 

I want to know how real time implementation can  be done?

How should I retrieve data and send data to server instantly.?

How should I calculate the distance between X and Y (where X and Y are predefined stoppages.)

How to calculate the speed of vehicle?

Edited by andrajoseph