Our forum made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ads blocker.

• Announcements

• EmperoR

Dear Guests   12/24/2016

Welcome to the GIS-AREA. like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of GIS-AREA by signing in or creating an account here. Once you have created your account and have introduced yourself to our community, you can start new topics, reply to others, subscribe interesting threads, get your customize profiles, make news friends, and others nice stuff. To make your stay as pleasant and constructive as possible, please don't forget to read through our pinned forum rules and board guidelines in each section before you do anything else.
imtest133

How import Sentinel-2A bands in Erdas Imagine

imtest133    15

Dear all

I need to Import sentinel-2A bands in Erdas Imagine.

I can see bands in SNAP desktop but i don't know how import these bands in Erdas.

Thanks

hariasa    47

Can you be more specific? Obviously, you need to convert these images into something ERDAS can read (this is done in the SNAP toolbox). Do the images open in ArcGIS or QGIS?

Moskis    34

Dear all

I need to Import sentinel-2A bands in Erdas Imagine.

I can see bands in SNAP desktop but i don't know how import these bands in Erdas.

Thanks

You've to open the .xml file in SNAP choosing a fixed resolution (each brand has different spatial resolution) and then export to a format recognized by ERDAS like GeoTIFF.

Regards

3dbu    161

You've to open the .xml file in SNAP choosing a fixed resolution (each brand has different spatial resolution) and then export to a format recognized by ERDAS like GeoTIFF.

Regards

Sentinel 2A is in safe format.. like Mokis said need open in SNAP and export each band to GEotiff....regards.

imtest133    15

Thanks for your answers.

As you know, sentinel data are very large size and in SNAP my computer can't convert whole of the images.

Could you please help me to know how in SNAP i can convert only AOI to geotiff or .img?

Regards

am2    86

Respected am2,

would you like to explain in brief how to download sentnal-2A data using SNAP.

with regards

Hi,

You can open them using SNAP but about download you can easily use earthexplorer.usgs.gov website to download them

• Like 1

zam512    7

locate the JPG files of Sentinel 2 data folder....

just use import feature of ERDAS and select input and output format...:) if still does not work ..just let me know 

pasfans01    76

If you want to do it the conversion to GEOTIFF/IMG format in quick and easy way, the IMPACT Toolbox may be could help you, 

It is also possible that the toolbox could preserve some important imagery metadata stored in the XML file of original data (which is only can be accessed thoroughly using SNAP) in the conversion process. 

Here is the link 

http://forobs.jrc.ec.europa.eu/products/software/

• Like 1