• Announcements

• EmperoR

Dear Guests   12/24/2016

Welcome to the GIS-AREA. like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of GIS-AREA by signing in or creating an account here. Once you have created your account and have introduced yourself to our community, you can start new topics, reply to others, subscribe interesting threads, get your customize profiles, make news friends, and others nice stuff. To make your stay as pleasant and constructive as possible, please don't forget to read through our pinned forum rules and board guidelines in each section before you do anything else.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adel.naseri

Why my result of flaash useing aster data is incorrect?

16 posts in this topic

when i rectify spectral profile of my result image to original image, the curves is perfectly  different.

could you post the screenshoot please

the right image is corrected image and the left on is the original image.

in this three pictures i compared the spectral profiles of two images in Three different locations.

jp3b_1.jpg

38x6_2.jpg

ue7r_3.jpg

1. evidentemente las firmas espectral de ND y reflectancia (FLAASH) deben ser diferentes.

2.Factor de escala es 10.

3.Coloca la firma espectral de la vegetacion y comparalo con el teorico.

thanks "peralta2794"...

1.I do not think that the differences in spectral profiles of one location in both images is evident. it is possible they have Small differences But not like this Big differences.

2.The scale factor is 10.

3.The area covered by my image is desert therefore doesn't have vegetation or water bodies.

thanks "Arhanghelul "....

I did not downloaded this image by myself but my professor gave it to me...

Most likely he downloaded it from USGS.

Dear Cadet,

As FLAASH module multiplies the output (surface reflectance data) by 10,000 omitting decimals for faster calculations and lower file size, we should apply this equation:

(B1 le 0)*0+(B1 ge 10000)*1+(B1 gt 0 and B1 lt 10000)*float (b1)/10000

where;          

le  means less than or equal          

ge means greater than or equal          

gt  means greater than         

lt   means less than

The resulting surface reflectance data will lie between 0 to less than unity (0 to <1) suitable for further image spectrometry and comparable with most spectral libraries.

I hope that helps

Regards

3 people like this

Dear Cadet,

As FLAASH module multiplies the output (surface reflectance data) by 10,000 omitting decimals for faster calculations and lower file size, we should apply this equation:

(B1 le 0)*0+(B1 ge 10000)*1+(B1 gt 0 and B1 lt 10000)*float (b1)/10000

where;          

le  means less than or equal          

ge means greater than or equal          

gt  means greater than         

lt   means less than

The resulting surface reflectance data will lie between 0 to less than unity (0 to <1) suitable for further image spectrometry and comparable with most spectral libraries.

I hope that helps

Regards

Yes..You have to scale your data using this eq

Thank you so much my friends....my problem is solved...i applied above equation.

Thanks again

Dear Adel.naseri,

You much welcome. Do you mind sharing your methodology for UHI retrieval using Aster data.

thank you

Regards

Achoknyz 

I do not mind uses aster data for retrieval of UHI. I'm using this data for mineral mapping...Sorry

Dear Adel.naseri,

You much welcome. Do you mind sharing your methodology for UHI retrieval using Aster data.

thank you

Regards

Achoknyz 

Maybe he just use LST?

Si existe vegetacion, la tonalidad roja es vegetacion, puedes poner el cursos en esa zona roja y mostrar su firma espectral, ademas no tiene logica (-20000, 30000) en out-ref... el rango de la reflectancia usando FLAASH es (0, 10000).