Minecraft, GIS and Public Engagement

BBurrell_Student

Hello! 
I am Master student from the University of the West of England. I am currently under taking my research project in to enhancing pubic engagement with GIS through the use of Minecraft.
For this I have created a “proof of concept” Minecraft world.

This is a recreation of Marston Moor, UK using UK Ordnance Survey Terrain™ 5 DTM and OS Building Heights (Alpha) with the location of potential windfarm sites. The world starts with a maze explain how this was created.

Basic idea behind this is to enable people to better visual spatial data. In this example you will be able to explore Marston Moor, UK and view potential windfarms sites. This  is very much a concept and still needs refining.

I would really appreciative any feedback and comments. There is a questionnaire which will be critical to my write up to assess whether an effective method of enhancing public engagement with GIS.

• Like 1