What kind of picture for what phenomenon?

adel.naseri

Greetings and respect to all my dear friends ...

I want to examine a phenomenon with a scale of 1x1 meter through remote measuring. I know I can do that by 1. Using  high spatial resolution images or 2. by combining two images with low or mediocre spatial resolution, I can upgrade the spatial resolution. Now the problem is that what sensors can show this phenomenon at pixel level (,ie,High spatial resolution)? What's the name of these sensors? And concerning the integration of the images, which are applied in order investigate this phenomenon, which image-integration method and also which images are the best?

THANKS

high and very-high spatial resolution satellite images are: WorldView-3&2, QuickBird, GeoEye, IKONOS. SPOT 5&6, 7, ASTER, etc, etc.... (<0.5-4-30 meters/pixel).

But these images are not free to download.

Free to download are Landsat archive (30 m) and MODIS (250 m - 1 km). In the near future Sentinel 2 from European Space Agency (ESA) will also be free to download (better resoltion than Landsat).

find here:

http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/

Choosing the "best" images for you study depends on the characteristiques of you phenomena and also the costs for image aquisition ($, Euro).

;)

Edited by Arhanghelul

• 4 weeks later...

what kind of phenomena do you have to analyze?

some sensors (like worldview-1) are just panchromatic, some are now de-orbitated (like ikonos) so you will get just imagery till apr 2015, and other have just the R (Red) G (green) B (blue) NIR (Near infrared) channels... if you need a multispectral analysis then you have to choose worldview-2 (0.46 m GSD = Ground Sample Distance) or worldview-3 (0.31 m GSD)  but the imagery are expensive. if you look just for a "picture like" imagery in multiple time then you can also choose  for Airbus Pléiades (0.7m GSD) or Komposat (0.7 m gsd)

Arhanghelul was right, if you cannot buy the imagery, then choose for landsat imagery with 15m GSD in panchromatic channel, then 30m in RGB. This sensor is multispectral

http://landsat.usgs.gov/landsat8.php

here you can find a sensor database (past present satellites) with full mission description

https://directory.eoportal.org/web/eoportal/satellite-missions/