Information regarding learning GIS software

JahanzaibNizamani

Hello members, i am fairly new to this forum. I seek help regarding learning GIS software, i've got a rough idea what is GIS as it was one of the course in my graduate program. I want to take it to an advance level, but i am not sure where to start or what sort of level or type of software program relevant to my field should i opt for.

Help regarding this matter, would be appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

Hello Friends,

I would like to infiorm you that recently i have come to know one of the online Institute which is also an It company which deals in Spatial Services.

Trust me this company will resolve all my queries without ay extra cost.

I would Suggest all my dear friend to contact them regardining your queries.

• 2 months later...

Hello members, I am new to this forum. Studying ecology I use gis programme for first time. Shortly, I need information on area of different type of vegetation (rainforest, savanna, desert etc.). Hence, I have downloaded tif files from homepage of ESA: 

http://maps.elie.ucl.ac.be/CCI/viewer/download.php

After downloading, these files have been opened by ArcGis. How can I measure the area of different biomes? The data I need is the area covered by a certain biome in terms of km2. 

Thank you for your help.